Friday, April 8, 2011
Dear design blogging gods, please forgive us for writing about the weather for a moment, but it’s supposed to reach almost 80 degrees in Chicago on Sunday! After February’s snow-pocalypse/snOprah/snow-mageddon, we thought we’d been doomed to eternal winter, but now it’s that time of year when everyone remembers why they love it here and start making plans to cancel timeshares in Fort Lauderdale. After all, there’s so much to look forward to: Midsommarfest, The Vintage Bazaar, Renegade, Printer's Row... but while you're waiting to break out your jellies and denim cutoffs (we know you own them), here's our weekly round-up:
- A prime example of why contemporary furniture is TOO BIG for most spaces and how to fix it (read: buy vintage) - @Brickcitylove
- Manly Vintage kills it yet again with a gorgeous metal case piece. - @ManlyVintage
- Another year, another list of endangered structures in Illinois. Can't we at least save Prentice? Bertrand Goldberg will thank you from the beyond. - @landmarksill
- The happiest little credenza you ever did see. - Newfound Studio
- I'm not one of those people who wants to relive high school, unless of course I went here. - A Chicago Sojourn
- Hardy Boys are on the case! You may use google everyday, but don't take your internet sleuthing skills for granted. - styleNorth
- Are you a designer? Well enter this NOW. - @VentureBeat
- Have never wanted or seen a vanity quite like this but now I feel I need it immediately. - Cercis
- Zebra rugs make us weak at the knees... the fake ones that is. - A.J. Barnes
There are few things we in life we hate worse than going to the dentist, but perhaps that wouldn't be the case if our dentist had this...
The kitchen here at STUDY HQ has been complete for months, but it wasn't until yesterday that we finally got around to photographing i...
Girl 1: People invite us to parties because they know we have a good time. We're mad. Girl 2: Pah-ty, pah-ty, pah-ty. - Muriel's W...
If a coffee table reduces you to lying on the floor for hours at a time just so you can check out its sheaf-y, golden, sexiness... then ma...
Via Printeresting STUDY has been bucket-deep in Benjamin Moore paint lately, the fruits of which we hope to share with you here in the co...