Friday, May 20, 2011
Frank Lloyd Wright's Arthur B. Heurtley House
What. A. Week. You may have noticed we didn't check in with a round-up last week because, oh yeah, we we're prepping for the best Vintage Bazaar to date and the internet fell apart. Well now everything is back up and running and so are we. We've soft-launched our store and have already picked up a few odds and ends to show off when we hit Dose Market on June 5th. Tonight - however - is all about Wright Plus preview night.
So how'd you get tickets to this sold out event you ask? Well, little known fact about one half of STUDY... Andrew gives tours at the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio and he'll be volunteering tomorrow at the Arthur B. Heurtley House.
STUDY + Frank Lloyd Wright: This is truly what it's like when worlds collide.
So stop by and say hi! But if no one's scalping tickets, here's some reading material to keep you busy:
- Think antlers are over? Think again. - @manuel_design
- If we judged this book by some of it's covers, we'd be very, very confused - Caustic Cover Critic
- Milton Glaser's Big Kitchen makes us nostalgic for the days when food courts were still interesting and not just feudal villages flanked by Sbarro and Panda Express. - Wary Meyers
- This golden bathroom was built in 1938. You may now pick your jaw up off the floor. - Design Crisis
- Sol LeWitt inspires an awesome geometric window on La Cienega - @MollyLoot
- That extra 10 million burning a hole in your pocket is just waiting to purchase the Francis J. Dewes Mansion. - @BRJudgeDesign
- THIS is what street art should look like. Too bad in Chicago we usually get ridiculous Blago paintings. - Fine Ting Og Sjokolade
There are few things we in life we hate worse than going to the dentist, but perhaps that wouldn't be the case if our dentist had this...
The kitchen here at STUDY HQ has been complete for months, but it wasn't until yesterday that we finally got around to photographing i...
Girl 1: People invite us to parties because they know we have a good time. We're mad. Girl 2: Pah-ty, pah-ty, pah-ty. - Muriel's W...
If a coffee table reduces you to lying on the floor for hours at a time just so you can check out its sheaf-y, golden, sexiness... then ma...
Via Printeresting STUDY has been bucket-deep in Benjamin Moore paint lately, the fruits of which we hope to share with you here in the co...