Bisqueheads, Bisqueheads

Bisque 1960s Male Busts

This past weekend was the first in almost a month I've been able to hit up any estate sales or do any thrifting - more on that later - but I also took the chance to check out the second annual Design Harvest festival on Grand Avenue. There were more of the same excellent vendors from last year (Revision Home and Furniture Revival to name a few) and some welcome new blood from up north (Andersonville's Room Service). Also, the turnout was huge. Huge as in, the tent needs to be widened next year to allow for more foot traffic. But if you're going to have a problem, then it's a good one to have I suppose. Still, my real jesusmaryandjoseph moment came when I realized The Find had opened a location on Grand Avenue in the old Urban Remains space. As soon as I walked in, I immediately fell in love with this pair of equal parts creepy and amazing bisque busts. They're from the 60s and remind me of a pivotal scene from one of my favorite childhood movies.

Priced $650 for the pair, I didn't buy them, but it seems like a reasonable amount for some monumental figurative art... creepy or not.

Bisque 1960s Male Busts

Come to think of it, the other piece I was really drawn to at The Find was this horrific clown painting. My biometric Halloween clock must be fully wound.

The Hideout Stage at Design Harvest 2011

Scented Glossy Magazines tweeted that it's the monkey with cymbals that really takes the painting to the next level. I couldn't agree more.

In other news, music from the Hideout also happened...

Creepy/Beautiful Clown Painting

As did immigration reform... sort of.

Immigration Reform Grafitti

So what did I pick up after abstaining from thrifting for almost a month? Well let's hit it by category and just start with art:

New Art Finds from STUDY

Here you see a trio of prints I've picked up of late, all of which pretty accurately describe the various facets of my personality: A grumpy old man, a sweet and exceedingly well-behaved fox terrier and a raging sea.

I contain multitudes, y'all.

Popular Posts